If you’ve ever heard people talking about ‘why do I need a website?’, you may have heard the answer “because everyone else has one”.
Usually you wouldn’t want to follow the crowd and make a business website or personal website just because everyone else is, but when it comes to the Internet, there is no question… you will be left behind.
- Estimates show there are about 2 million business operators in Australia. And that is a conservative number. You need to make a business website to have the advantage of being found online.
- 73% of consumers used search engines to find local businesses. That was from a Nielsen survey in 2007, the percentage would be much higher now!
- A Sensis (the company that own Yellow Pages) survey shows that a huge 60% of businesses don’t have a website!
- Usage of mobile phones, smart phones, iPads and tablet laptops means the Internet is accessed from everywhere. People searching on mobile are more likely to be ready to purchase. Your website made with You Make The Website can also be found on mobile devices.
- Having a website setup following the You Make The Website guide is arguably the most cost effective method of advertising you can have.
You can say much more on a website, compared to a phone book or print ad. You’re not restricted by space; add all the photos and pages you like!
The You Make The Website guide has been created for businesses, to guide them in creating a website that will get real quality visitors.