Website hosting for Australian sites
Don’t want to wait? Sign up for website hosting now.
Over the years, we have used and reviewed a large number of website hosting providers in Australia, from the cheapest, to very expensive (for BIG business) providers.
The option we use for You Make The Website will give you very cost effective website hosting, from an Australian company who offers great support.
Additionally, with the website hosting servers being in Australia, you get faster access when working on your website, customers can browse your site faster and search engines will rank you higher for geographical searches.
The instructions in the You Make The Website guide are specific to you using this exact web-hosting provider. You must click the button below to view the correct website.
- Visit the website hosting page of our recommended Australian website hosting provider, by clicking this link or the button above.
- Now choose your package.
- For a small business or a personal website that consist of just a few pages (5 or less), and no blog, then the first package Basic Geek is suitable.
- If you intend on maintaining a blog, you need Savvy Geek. It has more web space (i.e. a bigger hard drive to store your website files) and more bandwidth for traffic every month.
- Super Geek and Fancy Geek are needed if you want to use your website to share very large files and let others download them.
- Click the Order Now button in the column for the package you want.
- You’ll be taken to a page where you can choose your domain name. Buy your domain name at the same time as your hosting. (You should already know what you want your domain name to be, done in your digital plan. If you haven’t chosen it yet, see the tips on choosing a good domain name page).
From here just follow the prompts on making the purchase. I suggest you sign up for 12 months, as you get 2 months free. If you don’t have all the money right now, you can sign up to pay monthly.